Lottery Window Closing
The application deadline is Friday, February 7th. All rising kindergarteners and families with unenrolled siblings who are interested in attending Sterling, must fill out a lottery application. Lottery applications can be found on the Sterling Website.
February is upon us and that means that it is Singing Gram season! Please consider sending Singing Grams to your children, their teachers, administrators, specialists or anyone on campus that you would like to share a little love with this Valentine’s Day season! Singing Grams go a long way in supporting the Sterling Stars. The money raised will help pay for bus transportation for the group to go to Nashville, TN to participate in America Sings!! Your generosity is deeply appreciated. If you would like to help but are not interested in a Singing Gram, general donations are appreciated.
Download Singing Gram forms here,
or pick one up in the Main Office. Singing Grams must be
submitted by February 12th.
Community Coffee Chat: Save the Date
Our next Community Coffee Chat session will be on Wednesday, February 12th at 8:45am.
What is Community Coffee Chat?
Community Coffee Chat is an opportunity for members of the Sterling community to come together and discuss various topics related to student success. Community Coffee Chats will be offered at varying dates and times throughout the year.
Spring Break Camp: Register Now!
Looking for something fun, wholesome, engaging & educational for your kids to do during spring break? Look no further! Sterling's Spring Break Camp is now accepting applications. Click here for more details and to apply.
On Thursday, January 30th, our Upper Elementary students acted as docents, sharing the week they've had with Sterling Montessori's writer and teaching artist, Mimi Herman. Our students presented an array of collaborative and individual poems, artwork and dances that integrated animal adaptations or weather phenomena. We are so proud of our Upper Elementary students and their efforts on this project. Their creativity was truly inspiring! (Click any picture above for a larger view.)
International Festival: Save the Date
Please save the date for Sterling’s Annual International Festival. The festival will be held on Saturday, April 25th from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Enjoy an evening of food, fun and culture!
As the Flu Season is upon us, we are reminding you–in fairness to ALL children–please keep your child home if they exhibit any of the following symptoms/conditions that may indicate the start of a communicable disease (from the Parent Handbook’s Sick Policy, Section 3.1.a, p. 28):
- Temperature over 100º F axillary (underarm) or 101º F orally within the last 24 hrs.
- Strep throat, until 24 hours after treatment has started.
- If the child has vomited within a 24-hour period.
- Pink eye with white or yellow discharge, until 24 hours after treatment.
- Scabies or lice (a child with any nits in their hair will be sent home until they are nit-free).
- Chicken pox, or a rash suggestive of chicken pox.
- Tuberculosis or Impetigo, until 24 hours after treatment.
- Pertussis, until five days after appropriate antibiotic has been taken.
- Hepatitis A, viral infection, until one week after onset of illness or jaundice.
- Sudden onset of diarrhea characterized by an increased number of bowel movements compared to the child’s normal pattern.
- When a physician or other health professional issues a written order that the child should be separated from other children.
- Open sores that cannot be covered, until a health professional states that the child is not infectious.
Please also be sure to keep your child’s emergency contact form current with name and phone numbers to reach someone who can pick up your child or in case of an emergency.
Following these simple guidelines will assist the school in decreasing the spread of illness.
Reminder: Children may not return to school for a period of 24 hours after being sent home due to fever, vomiting or diarrhea.