1) SCHEDULE A TOUR
We ask that parents take a tour of our school prior to turning in an application for the preschool program. Topics will include the Montessori philosophy and approach, readiness expectations of the child and why Pre-K3, Pre-K4 and Kindergarteners are together in a classroom. There will also be an opportunity for you to ask any questions that you may have about our program.
2) SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
- A non-refundable $25 application fee is required in order to apply. Applications received without the required $25 fee will not be accepted, nor considered for enrollment.
- Applications and application fees can be dropped off in our Main Office between the hours of 8:00-4:00
- Applications and application fees can also be mailed to:
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School
ATTN: ADMISSIONS 202 Treybrooke Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560
- If applying for multiple birth children (twins, triplets, etc.), please submit separate applications and fees, but please place them in the same envelope.
- Preschool Applications can be downloaded HERE.
NOTE: Only checks or money orders are accepted as payment for the non-refundable $25 application fee. Credit cards, cash, and online payments are not accepted.
3) MEET & GREET
Shortly after your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule a “Meet & Greet” Session for you and your child. If you have not attended a tour, we will ask that you schedule one to gain a better understanding of our Montessori program. Meet and Greet sessions are a 45 minute informal session that allows us to get to know your child, as well as giving parents an opportunity to ask questions about our enrollment process.
4) WAITING POOL
Applicants are placed in a waiting pool, not a waiting list. If and when we have a seat to offer, we will select a student from the waiting pool based on the following criteria: staff & sibling preference, family previously enrolled at Sterling, previous Montessori experience (we require additional information as to where Montessori experience was acquired), and needs of the classroom(s).
5) OFFER OF ENROLLMENT
Once an offer of enrollment is extended, families will have 5 days to accept it. An enrollment appointment, which includes contract signing and submission of the applicable deposits and fees, must be scheduled and completed within 2 weeks after accepting our offer.
Admission is offered on a rolling basis. Students are accepted when spaces become available throughout the current academic year.