Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is a diverse educational community built on the Montessori philosophy that fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in its students. At Sterling, teachers follow students’ individual needs to achieve personal academic excellence and to become life-long learners who respect themselves, others, and their environment.
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School accepts resumes throughout the year if you are Montessori certified. If interested, send your resume to Josie Spreher, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper Elementary Lead Teacher
Sterling Montessori is seeking an Upper Elementary Lead Teacher for the 2019/20 school year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commitment to the Montessori philosophy, and guiding principles of Sterling Montessori
- Able to prepare and implement a nurturing Montessori learning environment
- Willing to work with, and adapt to the needs of students with a variety of of learning styles
- Demonstrates excellent skills in organization, classroom management, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Is able to collaborate with teachers, colleagues and administration to develop and ensure a healthy, safe, and inviting environment in which all community members are free to learn and work
- Is open to participating in ongoing professional development
- Is able to develop strong partnerships with parents, colleagues and administration
- Can lead parent-teacher conferences
- Is skilled in using email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive.
- Participate and help lead parent education events
- Willing to attend overnight outdoor educational experiences with students
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited University
- State License (or willing to pursue NC licensure)
- MACTE approved Montessori Upper Elementary Credentials
- Experience working with children ages 9-12
- Experience working in a Montessori setting (preferred)
E-mail resume and references to Liz Macaulay at email@example.com
Children’s House Assistant
Sterling Montessori is seeking a qualified Primary Assistant who has experience working with students 2.5 to 6 years old. We are looking for a motivated individual with Montessori experience, or a person who has the desire to learn the Montessori Method. Candidate must be willing to work under the guidance of a Montessori Lead Teacher to help carry out the developmental and learning goals of the Montessori program. They must be able to build genuine and respectful relationships with each child and family, maintain a positive, professional attitude and implement strong classroom management skills. This is a full time contracted position with hours from 8 a.m to 4 p.m.
Sterling Montessori is seeking a qualified Children’s House Floater who has experience working with students 3 to 6 years old. Ideal candidates have Montessori experience, or desire to learn the Montessori Method. Candidates will work 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. under the guidance of certified Children’s House teachers, floating between 8 classrooms, until the late day program begins at 3:30 p.m.
This person should possess the following qualities:
- A love and passion for working with children
- Strong classroom management skills
- Willing to take direction from lead teachers
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with the staff at Sterling Montessori.
- Punctual and dependable in attendance
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
Lower Elementary Assistant
Sterling Montessori is seeking a Lower Elementary Assistant who has experience working with students 6 to 9 years old. We are looking for a motivated individual willing to work under the guidance of a Montessori Lead Teacher to help carry out the developmental and learning goals of the Montessori program. They must be able to build genuine and respectful relationships with each child and family, maintain a positive, professional attitude and implement strong classroom management skills.
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is always interested in adding substitute teachers to our on-call list. We use this list to provide coverage in our classrooms (Children’s House – Middle School) when a teacher is out.