Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is a diverse educational community built on the Montessori philosophy that fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in its students. At Sterling, teachers follow students’ individual needs to achieve personal academic excellence and to become life-long learners who respect themselves, others, and their environment.
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School accepts resumes throughout the year if you are Montessori certified. If interested, send your resume to Josie Spreher, Executive Director, email@example.com.
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is always interested in adding substitute teachers to our on-call list. We use this list to provide coverage in our classrooms (Children’s House – Middle School) when a teacher is out.
Full-time Middle School English Language Arts/Humanities Teacher
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School in Morrisville, NC. is seeking a Middle School Humanities Teacher for the 2019/20 school year.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commitment to the mission, philosophy, and guiding principles of Sterling Montessori
- Understand North Carolina State requirements for English and History learning standards (Common Core) in the middle grades (7th/8th) and create and implement an English/Language Arts/History curriculum in accordance with the state’s requirements and the school’s principles and philosophy
- Understand and be able to implement current researched “best practices” for middle grades education, including differentiation of instruction, support methods for students with special learning needs, and strategies for advanced students.
- Excellent literary skills and strong foundation in Language Arts and World History
- Excellent skills in organization, classroom management, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborate with teachers, colleagues and administration to develop and ensure a healthy, safe, and inviting environment in which all community members are free to learn and work.
- Skilled in using email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive and online research
- Develop strong partnerships with parents and colleagues
- Lead parent-teacher conferences
- Plan and participating in field trips
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited University
- State License (or willing to pursue NC licensure)
- Montessori Adolescent Training (or willing and able to pursue Adolescent training)
- Experience working with middle school students (preferred)
- Experience working in a Montessori Setting (preferred)
E-mail resume and references to Josie Spreher at firstname.lastname@example.org .