Lower Elementary Assistant
Job Type: Full-time beginning Fall 2021
Sterling Montessori is seeking a Lower Elementary Assistant who is dedicated to the vision and mission of the school. We are looking for a motivated individual willing to work under the guidance of a Montessori Lead Teacher to help carry out the developmental and learning goals of the Montessori program. They must be able to build genuine ad respectful relationships with each child and family, maintain a positive, professional attitude and implement strong classroom management skills.
- Montessori is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child-physical, social, emotional, and cognitive. When situations or conflicts arise with students, adults act as mediators and provide opportunities for conversations, reflection, and learning. Assistants follow the Positive Discipline model and refer to the Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) when needing to implement supplemental or intensive support.
- With guidance from the lead teacher, maintain classroom routines and expectations to develop and ensure a nurturing Montessori learning environment that is healthy, safe, clean, orderly, and inviting (inside and outside).
- Willing to work with, and adapt to the needs of students with a variety of learning styles
- Demonstrates excellent skills in organization, classroom management, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Has strong oral communication skills
- Is open to participating in ongoing professional development
- Two years of college preferred
- Experience working with children ages 6-9
- Experience working in a Montessori setting (preferred)
If interested, email resume and references to Liz Macaulay at email@example.com.