Middle School Math/Science Teacher
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School in Morrisville, NC. is seeking a Middle School Math and Science teacher.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commitment to the mission, philosophy and guiding principles of Sterling Montessori
- Curriculum planning and development - Understand North Carolina state's requirements for math and science learning standards (Common Core) in the middle grades (7th/8th) and create and implement a Math/Science curriculum in accordance with the state's requirements and the school's principles and philosophy.
- A passion for and dedication to implementing Montessori best practices at the secondary level.
- Utlize and improve the implementation of school-wide Positive Discipline practices.
- Understand and be able to implement current researched "best practices" for middle grades education, including differentiation of instruction, support methods for students with special learning needs and strategies for gifted or advanced students.
- Excellent skills in organization, classroom management, problem-solving and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborate with teachers, colleagues and administration to develop and ensure a healthy, safe and inclusive environment in which all community members are free to learn and work.
- Skilled in using email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive and online research.
- Develop strong partnerships with parents and colleagues.
- Lead parent-teacher conferences.
- Plan and participate in field trips.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited University.
- State License (or willing to pursue NC licensure)
- Montessori Adolescent Training (or willing and able to pursure Adolescent training)
- Experience working with middle school students (preferred)
- Experience working in a Montessori Setting (preferred)
E-mail resume and reference to Josie Spreher at email@example.com